People call me Lizzie Bee

PreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreview
People call me Lizzie Bee. Southern California is where i call home and I have a family that I wouldn't trade for anything. Taken By A Good Man. Life is too short to not enjoy the beauty, comedy, sadness, love and righteousness that it holds. So here I share the things that mean something to me, in hopes they will mean something to you as well. Like OrangeSUnshine Blog on FACEBOOK for streaming updates: facebook.com/OrangeSUnshineBlog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Ronen Goldman

Could you please give us a brief description about yourself?
"Hello! My name is Ronen Goldman. I'm a surreal and conceptual photographer from Tel Aviv, Israel. For the past four years, I have been working on something I call "The Surrealistic Pillow Project." Basically, they are reconstructing dreams I've had during this period of time that were made into visual creations. The resulting images convey happiness, sadness, exhilaration or sheer paranoia - as dreams often do. All photos were created at one location and in one session in order for all the lighting to be believable and realistic even when the situation is not."


 Your photos are so fun and magical. What inspires you to create your works of art?
"Thanks! I find inspiration in art, music, painting, dance and human behavior. I love photography for its ability to convey a universal message using the language of sight and perception. I also like how our brain tells us that what we see must be real if it is optically correct - and then I use that fact to create my message."

 
The Magician

How much digital manipulation goes into your work? What are your favorite tools?
"I usually use Photoshop but It really depends on what the scene calls for. Sometimes there is no Photoshop like the image "Curiousity" which was simply shot at the right angle. But others, like "The Magician" was created using the aid of Photoshop and masking."

Reoccuring Dream

What type emotions do you want your viewers to feel when they see your pieces?
"I suppose people will feel what they feel, I dont really control that. I've found that sometimes images I intended to be sad are understood as full of hope and happiness and vice versa, so I simply create what's on my mind and hopefully people will connect with it in different ways. That's really fine, too. I do hope the underlying sense people get is that the world is truly amazing and our imagination is endless."

Identity Crisis
What piece of advice would you give to aspiring photographers?
"If you are a photographer or not one yet (everyone should be), keep taking photos and creating whatever art it is that you're into. It won't all be great but each piece created gets you one more step closer towards that perfect piece of art. Don't be afraid of failure, there is none. Or like a teacher of mine once said, " My best piece of art is the one I'm going to create next."

Good Day for The Lemon Farmer

Human Huggers

 
Curiosity

The Fisherman



(Check out the artist website at ronengoldman.com)
(interview via Alyssa Anda)

No comments: