People call me Lizzie Bee

PreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreviewPreview
People call me Lizzie Bee. Southern California is where i call home and I have a family that I wouldn't trade for anything. Taken By A Good Man. Life is too short to not enjoy the beauty, comedy, sadness, love and righteousness that it holds. So here I share the things that mean something to me, in hopes they will mean something to you as well. Like OrangeSUnshine Blog on FACEBOOK for streaming updates: facebook.com/OrangeSUnshineBlog

Monday, January 24, 2011

CGI dreaming

SO... 
I have been having the most insane dreams lately. Usually, dreams consist of only a few scenes of a possible story where the scenes don't really coincide. They just, kind of exist together. Out of order. Like the movie Inception, (which was brilliant by the way) "Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange." 
My dreams seem like complete story lines when i wake up. I admit some parts are strange but when you look at the previous days events, they make some sense.  That is, if you want to follow Sigmund Freud's description, which depicts the belief that nothing you do occurs by chance; Everything you do, every action, every thought while awake, is motivated by your unconscious at some level, which in turn are released in your dreams. Freud even suggests that bad dreams let the brain learn to gain control over emotions resulting from distressing experiences.
Then again you can fall on Calvin Hall's studies. He collected more than 50,000 dream reports and came to the conclusion that we all dream about, pretty much the same things.  
In fact, the most common emotions experienced in dreams is anxiety, NO SHIT!
That is kinda where the edges blur for me between the two theories. Yeah, we all pretty much dream about the same things, right, anxiety. Where does the anxiety come from? It doesn't come from counting sheep and dreaming of them as you doze off. It's real life stress. Our dreams are a way to interpret them and in some ways control the circumstances or the outcomes.


Recently, I have also been able to control my actions in dreams. I have even been able to change some of the settings of the dreams and peoples reactions. This is called Lucid Dreaming, so I'm told. "Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming."  
I wonder if lucid dreaming is a result of a persons level of control in "real life." Compared to DAMT (dreams of absent minded transgression), do lucid dreamers have MORE control?. I wonder which way it works though. If you have less control in "real life," does that give you more control over your subconscious in dream state? being completely out of control awake make you the master of your subconscious? that can't be... or is it the balance between the two worlds, the two mind states. 

And where do the two states meet?
the real world vs. the dream world

Now that is a whole other subject...
(could that be a.. to be continued?....)

If only i could take a video recorder into my dreams with me... 


I've been thinking about taking a computer animation class down at BU. Make characters for movies, commercials, maybe make a video game or something.. Then maybe i could have an outlet for all these insane unconscious adventures. 



feedback anyone?
comment below home skillet.

No comments: